Saturday, September 7, 2013

BORACAY: Truly a Paradise!

Boracay is a small island in the Philippines located approximately 315 km (196 miles) south of Manila and 2 km off the northwest tip of Panay Island in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines. 

Boracay Island and its beaches have received awards from numerous travel publications and agencies.

Located in Malay, Aklan, Western Visayas,
Boracay is just seven kilometers long, and less than a kilometer wide at its narrowest point – a postcard-sized tropical paradise.

Apart from its white sand beaches, Boracay is also famous for being one of the world's top destinations for relaxation.


It only took one hour by plane from Manila to Kalibo.
Then from Kalibo International Airport to Caticlan, it took an hour and a half by bus. From there, we were asked to pay an "environmental and terminal fees" for about 175 pesos (4 USD). Then we rode on a boat for about 10 minutes. If you are not under a travel agency, you will pay 25 pesos (0.5USD) for a boat ticket.



Day 1 in Boracay
 
View from the plane down to Panay Island


I was riding on the bus from Kalibo International Airport to Caticlan and hey look at the view!

Already arrived in Caticlan Port and we're about to ride a boat going to Boracay Island!

Touch down Boracay! Finally we're here!





From this port, we were transferred to our hotel by a multi-cab. It took us about 10 minutes.
After checking in our hotel, of course! No time should be wasted! C'mon!




So I was just trying to enjoy the super fine white sand of Boracay....



I was surprised when I heard about this "D-MALL". Oh well, it is not a typical shopping mall in the city. It is actually like an open market. I saw a lot of establishments here. There are some fast-food chains like Shakey's, Mc Donals, Army Navy, Pancake House, Andoks, Mang Inasal, and many more! I enjoyed walking around this place!

Around 4 in the afternoon and there were already so many people in the sea shore. Of course they wanted to see the beautiful sunset! To add some excitement, you can ride on these sail boats! In our case, we paid 400 pesos (9USD) per pax. You need to learn how to make a good negotiation so you'll be able to get a good deal!

I love boat sailing!!!
Oh! Please forgive me for these crazy pictures! Haha! I was just so happy here! I did boat sailing for the first time!!!



Boracay is also known for a very fun "night life" since most of the establishments here are open for 24 hours. In this picture, you can see two persons doing a fire dance.

Okay, that's enough for my first day experience here in Boracay. Time to rest.



Day 2 in Boracay

The highlight activity for today is helmet diving!!!


When I woke up in the morning, it was so great to see this beautiful and crystal clear sea!!!

Would you believe that these helmets weigh 25 kilograms?


and now, it only weighs 2 kilogram when under the sea.




...Wooh! Fish here, fish everywhere!


I was so speechless here!!! As you can see, the sea water is so crystal clear! It's so amazing!


I just can't stop playing with this so clear sea water!

As you can SEE, the SEA is so wonderful!





This swimming pool is good for me...not so deep, not so shallow.



Now, let's go and walk along the sea shore!

This is what they called "Willy's Rock"

Taking a pose while using my smartphone in browsing the internet! Haha!

Do I look very tall? Thanks to this camera angle! :)




Day 3 in Boracay



Around 6 in the morning, I came here to enjoy the morning breeze. It was good to swim in the ocean early in the morning!

To tell you honestly, I don't know how to swim...but I really love the beach...seriously!
Just keep swimming

keep on swimming Rhoda!


Keep on swimming!

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!





Look at this sand! So white...so pure...so beautiful!

After my morning "trying hard swim" here I am, trying to relax while looking at the beautiful scenery!

How I wish I could also try para sailing...I am so afraid of high places and I don't think I have the courage to do this one. So sad...



Browsing the internet through my smartphone...
There were so many Koreans during my visit in Boracay.



Koreans behind me!


There are so many souvenirs to choose from in these stores!


Few steps away from our hotel, we can already see these souvenir shops! So convenient!


Changed outfit! haha

Koreans again!





Waiting for the sunset again.



I was so careful holding my phone here because once I drop it, I don't think I could still use it anymore.


My feet...I printed it on the sand because I shall return to this beautiful island!!!!

Oh em ge! White sand!!!

Change outfit again!




Look closely on my feet! There's a tiny little thing called fish there! :)



Take a pose! 1, 2, 3, smile...click!


So happy!

So jolly!


I am crazily in love with this awesome place!




SUNSET!

My super power is about to come out!

Kaaa...meeeh....haaa....mee........wave (haah)! yaaaaaaahhhhhhh!





I truly enjoyed my 4 days and 3 nights stay here. Boracay Island is a must visit island in the Philippines!

I will be back here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment