Wednesday, December 18, 2013

WE SURVIVED SANDBOARDING!


It was still dawn when we woke up and got ready for that day's activity. We were fetched by a 4 by 4 jeep from our hotel up to La Paz Sand Dunes. 

La Paz Sand Dunes or Bantay Bimmaboy consists of an area of approximately 85 square kilometers (52 square miles) of protected sandy coastal desert and beach close to Laoag City, the capital city of Ilocos Norte in the Philippines. 

The area is locally known as "Bantay Bimmaboy", a name which refers to a perception that dunes' formations resembled closely like pigs. The area is also known as the "Desert of the North" and it is a popular location for movie makers since it is a good venue for shooting films. 

Source here: LA PAZ SAND DUNES


You should really be here and don't you ever miss this super fun adventure.




From the left (Our super cool 4 x 4 driver Kuya Anthony, Me, and Ate Cindy, my travel buddy/sister)



Oh! The sun is about to rise! Look at these grasslands, they look so amazing!




Okay wait. My experience riding here was just like riding on a roller coaster and mind you, I never tried riding a roller coaster in my entire life. 

But oh c'mon! I was able to survive! But if you have some heart-related problems, don't try this one. :(

Oh yes, I don't have a driver's license yet...but, who says I cannot drive this one? It's just a piece of cake! Haha! (Kind of boastful here...uhm, please excuse me, haha)




Few meters away from those sand dunes, we went to this seashore. Waves were big that time. Yeah, I cannot swim here. (Oh I forgot, even if the waves were not that big, I cannot really swim there since I don't know how to swim ever since the world began, haha)

Perfect Jump shot!



After the roller- coaster-like ride with a 4 by 4 Jeep and a short break in the seashore, we tried, ta-dah! SAND BOARDING. I'm pretty sure that you have already heard about wakeboarding or snowboarding before.

Okay, so now, you should look forward to sand boarding this time. 

I never had any experience trying any forms of boarding (Oh yeah, except boarding on the plane, LOL).



 But wait! Before doing this one, there are some things that
I would like to share with you:

1. Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sand.
2. It is better to wear long sleeves shirt and leggings. In this way, you will only remove lesser sand from your body once you clean yourself later, haha!
3. Don't open your mouth as you slide because sand might enter your mouth... seriously. I know that you are either nervous or excited but try to close your mouth when shouting. Aha, you have heard it right! Shouting while your mouth is close. Uhm, I actually did that!  It works! :D






  



Since, we were beginners,we just sat on the board.
I think advanced "sandboarders" already stand on the board as if they are surfing on the sea.





When you are planning to visit Laoag City, grab the opportunity to experience this so good and so much fun adventure! Yeah, Ate Cindy and I enjoyed it! Even if it was just the two of us. Perhaps it would be more fun if we were 4 or 6 that time. 


***Mas masaya sumakay sa Jeep pag 4 or more para siksikan at hindi madaling tumapon habang paakyat, pababa, at patagilid yung Jeep. Haha!** 

***Enjoy life! Enjoy traveling because we are only young once.*** 

***Photos are credited to Miss Cindy Rose Santillana and Sir Anthony and company***

No comments:

Post a Comment