Monday, June 16, 2014

Hong Kong Ocean Park Adventure

Last  year, I tried to visit some of the popular tourist spots in the Philippines. I promised to my self to see these wonderful places first before visiting another country(you can check my previous posts about these local trips of mine).

I decided to visit HongKong for it is the closest country in the Philippines with a Disneyland Theme Park (just around 2 hours away from Manila by plane). Also, plane tickets and accommodation rates are not that expensive. This was my first time to travel abroad and I really wanted to make the most out of it.

It was a 5-day trip.
First two days were in HongKong. On the third day, we went to Shenzen, China. The next day, we had a day tour around Macau then went back to Hong Kong in the late afternoon via Cotai ferry. It took us almost 1 hour and a half crossing the ocean...oh good thing! I did not suffer from sea sick.

Okay, so here we go. This blog entry will focus more on the first day of our trip.

I was astonished with the buildings and other infrastructures in HongKong. They look alike each other--same designs, same heights, and same features! It reminds me of the social game called Cityville, a casual social city-building game developed by Zynga which I used to play in FaceBook. Haha!


Our tour guide shared to us that Hong Kong means "fragrant harbor". One thing I regret before going here was that, I did not do a comprehensive research on the country's background. I just looked for things to do or places to visit in HongKong and failed to search more on their cultural background.

From the airport, we checked in first in our hotel. Then proceed to HongKong Ocean Park.











Wonderful!





In the Philippines, we do have an ocean park too--it's Manila Ocean Park. However, ours in the Philippines doesn't have any rides unlike here in HK Ocean Park...It's as if I was already in the Disneyland at the same time.










Panda's sleeping position isso cute, isn't it? It reminds me of Mayumi, my cute baby dog.




 Fish everywhere!








It was a sunny day and so there's my umbrella...obstructing the wonderful view in the Ocean Park. Tsk.








Cable cars? They look so great from a distance. Why not try riding on it?



 As you can see, I am trying to hide how scared I were during this time. Oh...I can see the view from my left to the right side but I never want to see the view below. Never! I have acrophobia okay? Tsk.

These were some of the wonderful views that you can see when riding on the cable car. Thanks to Ate Cyn for taking these pictures.








Alright. Enough for the cable car. Let's walk around the park.





I saw a lot of Koreans, Chinese, Indians, and Filipinos here.

These trash cans are so cute, right?


Penguins everywhere equals happiness! Happy me!


Time to watch the dolphin show.


Dolphins are really smart too! Of course just don't forget their treats! 




What a day! Exhausted but we really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment